MNTHL BDGT

I am still struggling (with myself mainly) to rent a flat. I made some mistakes initially and now I am paying for it. What I've learned is mine (hope that the price of this experience will not turn out to be unbearable at the end of the day)...

Today I set up a budget for this month. This is how I did it (things that I summed up)
1. the bond and the rent (large sum it is...)
2. the estimated council tax
3. browsed the net for an estimate of cost of water, sewage and electricity (there are some calculators as well: water calculator, energy calculator, there are also some bright ideas how to save the resources e.g. hippo) And finally there is a site that will count my CO2 footprint and at the same time will somehow force me to read my meters imeasure
4. tried to oversee the heating costs (it's winter...)
5. allocated the assets that I am going "to eat". To put it simply, these are the money I will spent on the food (I have been keeping a record of all my spendings in KMyMoney so I am able to foresee some spendings.

This doesn't end the list, there are some other costs that I've predicted. However, I had safeguarded some assets to cover them as well. And it looks like my budget is well balanced! But this is a theory. Now the fun begins and it has to be checked in practice!

No comments: