NGTTNS



Let me show you the door...I would like you to leave now...

I heard this words today from a letting agent. I went to the agency to complain about the 'misleading' information on their web-site. It was a great lesson. Let's review it.
According to some basic marketing rules:
Client is always right. (The agent told me that I was wrong).
It is good to say sorry to the client more times than it is needed (I didn't hear sorry. Instead I heard the words written above).
The agent suggested that 'there are other companies' (great advertisements for the competitors).
I was verbally forced to leave the bureau (one unsatisfied customer is like...).
The company doesn't update the information on its website (great quality of information provided by the company has 'positive' effect on the standard of services...).

So...What I have learned? Because I have learned something.

When dealing with customers forget about your ego. You are there to help them. The quality of information is essential. Don't promise what you can't deliver. Be ethical. Know your budget. And if you are a customer ask, ask, ask.

Let's try to negotiate! Ah! Let's try to negotiate!

No comments: